Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!


I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and is ready for a brand New Year. It’s going to be a blast!

New Years in Village by Jon Sullivan

Most people start each New Year with Resolutions. Most of those people abandon their plan halfway through January. Some jot down goals for the New Year, and when they fall behind, they discard it all. Since this happens year after year, I wonder why those same people continue the process.

I’m sure there are many who stick to their guns and continue forward accomplishing great things. Congratulations and keep doing what you do.

For those who continue with failed attempts, why not try something new this year?

Take it step by step, month by month, a day at a time. Make your steps small and achievable. I’m not saying don’t reach for the stars, I’m saying be realistic. Don’t set goals so high, they are unachievable and set you up to fail.

Set something small for January, and when you achieve it, celebrate. For February, you can up the stakes a little, but not too much. It’s better to set your goals low and go above and beyond, rather than not reaching them at all.

I wish you all the best in the coming year. Let’s get ready for that first step toward our goals.


9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year!

Terry W. Ervin II said...

Hope 2014 is both a memorable and positive year for you, Cher!

I set goals (not resolutions) and generally do pretty well with them.

Hope you reach whatever you're striving for this year, and even surpass your expectations.

Cher Green said...

Thank you both!

Murees Dupè said...

I hope that 2014 will be a great year for you, filled with lots of success.

Cher Green said...

Murees, Wishing you the same. :)

Aubrie said...

I didn't make my goal last year, but usually I do keep my resolutions. Last year I wanted to get 365k words written- 1k a day. I got 226k written, falling very short. So, I'm trying again this year and taking it a month at a time. Good luck with your own goals!

Cher Green said...

Aubrie, Thanks. Considering your other accomplishments of the year past, I'm sure it's okay you fell a little short on word count. :) Good luck with another prosperous year.

TBM said...

I'm a tad bit late, but happy new year.

Cher Green said...

Thanks. And, Happy New Year, to you.

 
Blog Directory